Scholarships & Grants

Scholarships, Grants, & Financial Resources



Use the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form to apply for financial aid for college or graduate school. Applications open October 1st each year for the following academic year.



If you are or were in foster care for at least one day, between the ages of 16 and 18 as a dependent or ward of the court and have financial need, you may qualify for up to $5,000 a year for career and technical training or college. You don’t have to pay this money back. You may also be able to use your grant to help pay for child care, transportation and rent while you’re in school. You can use your Chafee Grant at any eligible California college or university or career or technical school, as well as schools in other states.

Humboldt Area Foundation

Humboldt Area Foundation & Wild Rivers Community Foundation's annual Universal Application, which houses over 160 unique scholarship opportunities through one application process. Information about scholarship opportunities offered by clubs, businesses, and other organizations in our community.